The Talented Athlete Programme is part of a wider ‘Gifted and Talented Policy for Physical Education’ that considers how best to identify, track and support pupils with a sporting talent. It fits well with our school policy in recognising achievement and raising attainment. Criteria for selection onto this programme are that pupils must have the potential to represent at regional level, or above, within their chosen sport and must demonstrate a high level of commitment to improvement as well as appreciating the responsibility they have towards maintaining their academic performance. A high commitment to school activities will be expected of students selected onto the program at all times.
The Talented Athlete Support Programme has been designed to assist the schools most talented/promising athletes in developing their sporting potential while studying at RBAI.
The main areas of the Talented Athlete Programme are:
- To identify pupils who are talented in sport and raise awareness that these individuals have significant commitments outside of school.
- To support pupils where necessary.
- To recognise and celebrate the achievements of these pupils. This will be done in various ways e.g. School Website, Talented Athlete Display Boards in Forum, School Twitter, Assemblies and PSHE.
Expectation on pupils
- Pupils will have to achieve an academic and behavioural criteria in line with school policy and their own target grades in order to be eligible for the program
- Pupils will be expected to represent the school on all occasions when fit and available.
The 2016/17 application form is now available to download from the TAP section of the website.
Pupils should fill in the application form on line and return to Mr J Peak before Friday 17th June.
Pupils already on the program do not need to reapply.