The 3rd round of this year’s Northern Ireland Junior Foil Series was hosted by Sullivan Upper School on Saturday 18th January.
In the Under 16 event the final results were as follows:
- Morgan Lavery 6th;
- Ben Sloan 5th;
- Daragh Patterson and Paul Verdon finished in joint 3rd place, both winning bronze medals and
- Theo Millar finished in 2nd place winning the silver medal.
In the Under 14 event the final results were as follows:
- Nkosinathi Khumalo 12th;
- David Smyth 11th;
- David Stewart 8th;
- Ben Young and Aneurin Duffin-Murray finished in joint 3rd place, winning bronze medals.
In the Under 12 event:
- Joshua Welsh finished in 6th place;
- Rowan Luney and Noah Brown both finished in joint 3rd place, winning bronze medals.
- Matthew McKay finished in 1st place, winning the gold medal.
Well done to all boys involved on their excellent results! The next round will be held at Wallace High School on Saturday 8th March.
David Stewart competing in the direct elimation round
Under 12 event medal winners - Matthew McKay, Noah Brown and Rowan Luney
Under 14 event medal winners - Ben Young (middle) and Anuerin Duffin-Murray (2nd from right)
Under 16 event medal winners - Theo Millar, Daragh Patterson and Paul Verdon