The 4th round of this year’s Northern Ireland Junior Foil Series was hosted by Hunterhouse College on Saturday 8th March.
In the Under 12 event:
- Rowan Luney finished in 5th place;
- Noah Brown finished in 6th place;
- Matthew McKay finished in 1st place, winning the gold medal.
In the Under 14 event the final results were as follows:
- Nkosinathi Khumalo 11th;
- Michael Thompson 8th;
- David Stewart 5th;
- Ben Young finished in joint 3rd place, winning a bronze medal and
- Aneurin Duffin-Murray finished in 1st place, winning the gold medal.
In the Under 16 event the final results were as follows:
- Morgan Lavery 7th;
- Ben Sloan 6th;
- Daragh Patterson and Paul Verdon finished in joint 3rd place, both winning bronze medals and
- Theo Millar finished in 1st place winning the gold medal.
Well done to all boys involved on their excellent results and the clean sweep of gold medals! The final round of the NIJFS will be held at St Columbanus College, Bangor on Saturday 12th April.
Nkosinathi Khumalo competing in the direct elimation round
Theo Millar and Paul Verdon competing in the semi-final of the Under 16 event
Under 12 event medal winners - Matthew McKay far right
Under 14 event medal winners - Aneurin Duffin-Murray far left and Ben Young far right
Under 16 event medal winners - Theo Millar far left Paul Verdon 2nd from right and Daragh Patterson far right