The 2nd round of this year’s Northern Ireland Junior Foil Series was hosted by RBAI on Saturday 14th December. There was a great atmosphere in the Sports Hall and everyone was very impressed by the tasty treats and Christmas crafts on sale that were handmade by the Mums of the RBAI fencers.
In the Under 12 event:
- Rowan Luney finished in 5th place.
- Matthew McKay and Noah Brown both finished in joint 3rd place, winning bronze medals.
In the Under 14 event the final results were as follows:
- Benjamin Mulholland 15th;
- Cavan Fayle 14th;
- David Smyth 12th;
- Michael Thompson 11th;
- David Stewart 7th;
- Ben Young finished in joint 3rd place, winning a bronze medal and
- Aneurin Duffin-Murray finished in 1st place, winning the gold medal.
In the Under 16 event the final results were as follows:
- Ben Sloan and Morgan Lavery joint 7th;
- Paul Verdon 6th;
- Daragh Patterson finished in joint 3rd place, winning a bronze medal and
- Theo Millar finished in 1st place winning the gold medal.
Well done to all boys involved on their excellent results. Thanks to everyone who made the day such a success; in particular to Ms McGuinness, Mrs Millar, Mrs McKay and Mrs Verdon whose help was invaluable.
Aneurin Duffin-Murray competing in his poule at NIJFS
Miss Lamrock behind the bun and cake stall
U16 event medal winners - Theo Millar far left and Daragh Patterson far right
The Christmas craft stall
|Matthew McKay Yr 8 - bronze medal winner in the U12 event
||U14 event medal winners - Aneurin Duffin-Murray far left and Ben Young far right
Inst Angels made by Ms McGuinness